air problem in shower drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with this? I'm trying to replace a shower tray and trap. When I connect everything up, no water will flow through the trap. It doesn't even appear to reach the 40mm pipe connected to the trap! If I disconnect the trap, I can pour water down the pipe till the cows come home without any problem. The same with the disconnected trap. When I attach them again, nothing works. I figured there was an air issue, so put a tee on the pipe to check. Everything worked fine as long as the tee was open. I then fitted an AAV to the tee thinking that would solve it. No luck. When I remove the AAV, the water flows fine, when it's connected, it stops. Although it's quite a distance to the downpipe, I can only assume that the run is ok, as it was all working fine previously. Has anybody any thoughts on this as it's driving me mad.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back