Air Vent in my lounge/room how can i fill it in/up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post/time on this web site the problem which i have is:

I used to have a gas fire which i have now replaced with an electric one and we have an Air vent in the room which was just for the fire and lets in so much dwarft/cold air i want to block it up/fill it in so my room stays nice and warm please if any one can help, thanks matt

Sponsored Links
Its there for a reason, ventilation to Chimney, block it up and you could/will end up with Damp Problems on the Chimney Breast,
Try a smaller Vent panel that opens and shuts.
It would also help if your chimney pot has a cap.

5020953930488_001c_v001_ap

Its there for a reason, ventilation to Chimney, block it up and you could/will end up with Damp Problems on the Chimney Breast,
Try a smaller Vent panel that opens and shuts.
It would also help if your chimney pot has a cap.

5020953930488_001c_v001_ap

hi sorry did not say was a flueless gas fire and the vent is on the other side of the room in the corner, i have no chimney breast etc.....

Remove the ventilation in a room and you will still get damp.

Sponsored Links
Remove the ventilation in a room and you will still get damp.

why would it get damp? every other house on street does not have one in there room prievious own had it put in cos they had the fire installed.

Reduce ventilation and condensation increases, your choice, if the rest of the home is ventilated you maybe ok blocking it, but most here recommend leaving it.

Reduce ventilation and condensation increases, your choice, if the rest of the home is ventilated you maybe ok blocking it, but most here recommend leaving it.

Are you relying on the fire for heating the room, or do you have some form of background heating for the property, Do your other rooms have vent panels as well. ?
If you have background heating you could possibly get away with blocking the vent up, Your choice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back