air vents in double glazing window frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a company that can provide kits for adding air vents in double glazing window frames (PVC). I need something that I can drill / cut and clip on to the frames to provide ventilation.

Sponsored Links
Hi. I'm looking to do something similar. Just wondering if you managed to find a company that can do this? Many thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Make sure you take the glass out first; & then it's notoriously fiddly!

We have them in our windows and I wish I hadn't bothered. They let so much noise through you loose some of the benefit of having double glazing. :evil:

Brick air-vent with a open/shut mesh vent through the wall is easier :!:

Go to the your local window factory -find in the yellow pages.
Most will give advise and sale them to you.

Welcome to the DIYnot Forums!
//www.diynot.com/forums/rules.php

6) Do not hi-jack posts. Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.

If you have a genuine question, raise a new thread of your own. Don’t hijack someone else’s, especially one that’s nearly 4 years old! ;)

Done a few retrofits of trickle vents for customers with BAD condensation probs (dont ask) :rolleyes: . Removing the glass is not always required as you can see where the top of the bead (int or ext) is and work to a line greater than 10mm above this. Ideally, the frame should be routed, but thats impossible in 99% of cases where the frame is fitted, so stitch drilling is the next best thing and then opening up with the flutes on the drill running laterally back along the drill line - this is optional as it won't be seen as its covered by the vents. ALWAYS keep the drill horizontal if your going through the frame completely, otherwise you'll end up with a mis-aligned channel (oooh matron) ;) . Personally, I hate the things cos they harbour insects etc. and the advent of night vent facility on opening sashes was one of the finest inventions ever as it complies with Part L (2002) and does away with these ugly things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back