Air vents - my rights. Not sure if this is the right place.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tenant after tenant keep complaining about the mold in the flat and the subsequent chest problems.

I approached the managing agents requesting permission to install an air vent, but this request was declined. The managing agents said that if the tenants opened the windows the situation would resolve. But clearly, tenant after tenant are not opening the windows and are injuring their health/and the property in the process. They claim being on a ground floor flat, they do not feel comfortable opening windows.

I feel that the tenants should not be forced to open windows. The air vents in the windows should offer natural protection against mold. What are my rights for insisting on the right to install air vents?

Sponsored Links
Fit trickle vents to the windows.

Fit an extractor van to the bathroom with a 20min over run timer.

Fit a kitchen extractor fan above the hob.

Andy

Fit trickle vents to the windows.

Fit an extractor van to the bathroom with a 20min over run timer.

Fit a kitchen extractor fan above the hob.

Andy

All of what you mention are already fitted. I'm not sure if the timer on the bathroom fan is 20 minutes though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back