Aircraft and conveyor belt (again)

If you positioned a second (identical) plane behind the first one, on the belt but 180° opposed, i.e. facing the other way, and with its brakes locked on, would it take off at the same moment as the first plane? :D

Sponsored Links
If you positioned a second (identical) plane behind the first one, on the belt but 180° opposed, i.e. facing the other way, and with its brakes locked on, would it take off at the same moment as the first plane? :D
if the other plane was facing the opposite way wouldn't it be landing rather than taking off?

tim west said:
if the other plane was facing the opposite way wouldn't it be landing rather than taking off?
The answer to that lies in the words "positioned", and "brakes locked on".

Sponsored Links
Landed? If you like.

So, after it's landed and been positioned in the manner that I said....

The answer to that is no as the bungee strap attached to both planes would make them keep bouncing backwards.

They are not attached.

Methinks you're not taking this seriously.

No.

At first it would simply be propelled by the runway and accelerate.
The aerodynamic drag would would rapidly increase.
The ensuing lift would reduce the weight bearing on the wheels and thus the traction. At some point the increasing aerodynamic drag would overcome the diminishing traction and the tyres would skid.

It could lift off if the pilot manipulated the controls to reduce drag and lift whilst increasing airspeed beyond the threshold required but then it would need it's own power to keep airborne.

Blondinin wrote:
It could lift off if the pilot manipulated the controls to reduce drag and lift whilst increasing airspeed beyond the threshold required.
What are you talking about?

The one thing you want to do during take off is to manipulate the controls to INCREASE lift not reduce it ... That's what pulling back on the stick does :LOL:

MW

Blondinin wrote:
It could lift off if the pilot manipulated the controls to reduce drag and lift whilst increasing airspeed beyond the threshold required.
What are you talking about?

The one thing you want to do during take off is to manipulate the controls to INCREASE lift not reduce it ... That's what pulling back on the stick does :LOL:

MW

Ok I didn't go on to state the obvious, I was talking about before pulling back to take off.

There's nothing obvious about what you have written and it doesn't make sense in any circumstance.

Please explain what pilot control manipulation is going to reduce drag and lift during the takeoff roll as I'm fascinated.

MW

Are you saying there are no lift aids that could be manipulated to reduce drag, or that no control is available to reduce lift, and therefore achieve a higher airspeed before attempting to take off from the scenario that Softus posted?

Are you saying there are no lift aids that could be manipulated to reduce drag, or that no control is available to reduce lift, and therefore achieve a higher airspeed before attempting to take off from the scenario that Softus posted?
In my scenario, the airspeed is dictated by the fact that the conveyor belt is pushing the plan (with locked wheels).

The belt is going at the same speed as the first plane, and [I implied that] the first plane is going at its natural take-off speed.

So the second plane can't increase its air speed. Maybe there is a method of decreasing its take-off speed? :D

As its landing, their can be no other plane on the conveyor, thus as the planes wheels touch the conveyor it automatically goes into reverse to match the wheel speed.
Which means the plane must stop INSTANTLY, as according to the can,t take off merchants, the plane can,t move forward, whilst its wheel speed matches the conveyor.......................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................I think........ :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back