Airey house render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Airey house which needs the outside wall rendering. As the construction is made up of stepped concrete slabs I need to make the walls flat. Some builders renovated a house down the road and used what looked like plastic covered foam wedges which were stuck on the walls. Unfortunately, the builders have gone and I have no idea where these wedges can be obtained. If anyone knows could you please let me know?

Thanks

brian

Sponsored Links
It sounds like they have cut down insulation and fixed it to wall, I don't think they would of used plastic as it would expand and shrink too much in different weather, if it was me I would fix insulation inside grooves then insulate over whole lot with insulation board, then install a 6mm acrylic/silicone render sytem over the lot(base, mesh, primer, topcoat)

To fix the insulation there are a number of different fixing products, you would have to find which is the best for airey house construction !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back