Airflow ICON60 vs Envirovent Filterless Fan - for Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

were looking to get a new bathroom extractor fan and have seen the above 2 fans on the internet

i was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

we need ours to be fitted on the ceiling and vented to atmosphere, would the Envirovent looks bit odd and big hanging from a ceiling?

two options

1) Airflow ICON60 with Humidity sensor addon - (3 year warranty)
2) Envirovent Filterless Fan - (5 year warranty)

anyway, if anyone knows which one i should go for please let me know

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hello Bigup,

I've recently had Greenwood Airvac product called a CV2GIP fitted when I got my bathroom redone. Its a stylish little circular product that has been fitted to my ceiling, it runs at a low speed continously to assist ventilation and goes into boost when I switch my light on, it comes with a nice LED side panel to adjust speeds and runs extremely quietly.

I'll ask the electrician where he got it from, but looks to be readily available from most electrical wholesalers.

http://www.greenwood.co.uk/product_detail.asp?product=CV2GIP

Looks to be utter carp to me.

Default bathroom setting on boost 8l/s?

That just meets the minimum recommended high rate for a continuous extractor, and is barely more than half the minimum for an intermittent one, so given that a history of background ventilation in a bathroom will not make a difference to how much steam is produced when you run a bath or use the shower I struggle to see why ramping up a continuous fan to 8l/s will be any good.

Factor in the inevitable losses from ducting etc and it will fail to meet the minimum recommended.

Even if you drive it flat out, and somehow get the maximum theoretical performance with no losses you'll get 21l/s, or 75.6m³/hr.

If TLC are to be believed ( and I can't see why not), the range of air rate changes for a bathroom recommended by various manufacturers (i.e. not the bare legal minimum) is 15-20 per hour for bathrooms.

75.6m³/hr would equate to a bathroom of 3.8 - 5m³, and if we assume a ceiling height of 2.4m that gets you a room 1.3m x 1.3m to 1.4m x 1.4m.

It will be interesting to hear from you how good a job it does of keeping condensation under control in your bathroom.

Sponsored Links
We have the Envirovent filterless fan and it came with a fitting that allowed it to be fitted flat in the ceiling. Its on all the time but you dont hear it apart from when we shower. The boost then comes on and gradually slows down as all the moisture is extracted. We have no condensation at all in the bathroom and even the bathroom mirror no longer steams up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back