Airing cuboard built above bulkhead of stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
My airing cuboard is built on to landing above bulk head of my stairs
it houses at minute a 114l cylinder which as been there 20yrs or more .
the raised floor in there which is raised due to being the bulk of the stairs is showing signs of bowing .
next week am due to have my heating system re-newed and was going to have a larger 180l unvented cylinder in the same place sould i be worried about the weight of the new cylinder ?
the bulk head as angled plaster board below which follows the stair line . there is some structual woodwork in there but like i said shows signs of sagging . I can provide pictures if anyone can advise me on the matter

Sponsored Links
I can provide pictures if anyone can advise me on the matter[/quote]

I think you need to provide pics to GET advice. But I have seen 100's of these and not observed a problem, but there is alwys a first time!

That is just over another 10 stone you are planning to put there plus the additional weight of the larger cylinder,you should be discussing this with the guy doing it who can actually look at it not by asking on a diy forum who can only guess at what you may have

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back