akward boxing/plastering bathrooms job to cover small recess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

great forum, has helped me no end in recent weeks!

My question is about an akward job ive got in the bathroom of a period house. where the bath fits length ways against the wall i want to box in an akward recess that is stopping a decent tile finish. the recess is as follows (left to right)

end of bath butting up against a plaster box - length side of bath is about 10cm away from skim coated brick wall for about 30cm and then wall comes in about 7cm to become flush with the rest of the bath.

this is creating a real mess in terms of tiling as 1) it means tiling around a corner and 2) in the gap that is made by the recess there is a gap between the bath and the wall, which has so far been solved by the previous owner tiling horizontally onto the bath, which is now cracking and falling off!

I was thinking of boxing the recess in with either cement board or water repellent plast board onto battons - which would be no problem - but i dont know how to join this to the existing wall and ceiling without completely reskimming the place - something i want to avoid! perhaps tiling over it from the bath to the ceiling might do the trick?

any ideas? any help gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
some pictures would help
"edit" seems like the wall may need leveling out but get some pics on here and it will give people a more of an idea of how to help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back