Alarm Bell Box rewire

Sponsored Links
I hope that when you have finished all this experimenting you have not damaged anything on the way, especially your expensive control panel.

Sponsored Links
Hi KD,

The last post was of no use to anyone. What this amateur means is that he hopes that you don't solve the problem because he can't solve it.

Take no notice, you're not far off sorting.

CD
Ooh, the irony.

Hi KD,

We need a number, or anything which may serve to identify the sounder, there may be something on the printed circuit board. Also, could you indicate whether this cable is coming straight from the control panel or if it looks as though it is from another device mounted nearby.

The last post was of no use to anyone. What this amateur means is that he hopes that you don't solve the problem because he can't solve it.

Take no notice, you're not far off sorting.

CD
Well for somebody who claims to be a professional installer how come you do not know one of the most common extension speakers on the market, even if it has had an add on light fitted?

Get your ADI catalogue out, I'm sure you'll find it there.

Come on T.P.C. get your act together.

To be honest am a total novice and as you can see from my post count a newbie on the forum, if the unit is most common on the market then I can only deduce that the forum isn't the most friendly/helpful of places as there has been a very limited offer of help and support.

Secondly, I am not getting into the forum politics of who is this, that or the other but I would add that I appreciate all the help that I can get and a little help in the right direction from anyone, regardless of knowledge level as it will be far superior to my own, if all that I am after.

Many thanks, now lets get this thread back on the subject at hand.
Cheers

I've just had a really good squint at the sounder picture... It looks like the red core/wire coming out of the cable is twisted with another one, which then gets twisted with the black. If this is the case, it would suggest that the red is a positive +12V, the two reds went into the sounder, the extra red feeds the light/LED and the black is switched to 0V in the panel. This leaves the blue and yellow to to provide the 0V and/or trigger for the sounder. As Chaindaisy posted, this would suggest that the two reds go to + (both stripped, twisted together and connected to the same termiinal) and the blue and yellow go into HI and LO.

It's a bit tricky to see detail in the panel photograph. However, it is clear that some of the cables are labelled (I can see "BELL REAR"...). See if you can find one called SPEAKER or INTERNAL SOUNDER or SIREN or something similar... If you do, and it's a skinny 4-core cable, look for where the red/black/blue/yellow wires are connected. They'll probably go to outputs. Use command 53, Program Outputs, to check what they're supposed to be doing.

One final thought... When the guys cut the wires, did thy leave the short ends in the terminals? If they did, can you still see the colours of the insulation? It's a big clue if you can!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Many thanks for coming in Eighty Two, If we had more people like you prepared to spend their time with constructive advice, our jobs would be a darn sight easier. I would really appreciate it if you could stick around or pop your head in now and then, even if it means telling me I'm not on the right track.

Good to hear from you again,

And Thanks,

CD.

Just read eighty two post. I agree. The only other way would be by getting a volt test and seeing which one draws a current. Or new cable they are not expensive it all depends how it was installed if done properly it can be a right ball ache to take out the old cable and re run a new one. Eight two is completely right though. And the galaxy 500... That's a serious punch you robbing a place? And trying to deactivate the alarm lol or do you have a house its serious amount of zones?

Hi KD,

Well, you're a lucky guy, you've got two of my top favourites on the case now, Eighty Two and Swales. They won't let you down.

Can you do me one last pic ? If the sounder, is near to the control panel, do you think it would be possible to get a photo of everything in that area, the sounder, panel, and any other little bits and bobs which may have something to do with the security system in one pic. I am concerned about the colour codes of the wires going to the sounder since they may be what we called 'sleeved'. Generally, the cores are red, yellow, blue, black, white and green...and yours are not .. so I want to find out what's going on at this part of the system.

Thanks again mate, Take care.

CD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back