Alarm Bell Box rewire

CD. Check my previous post. I'm sure it's a 4-core cable with a 6" piece of red twisted down the original red and back up the black. The photograph is a bit fuzzy but I think I can see that this red doesn't go into the cable - and it makes sense. I've never seen a sleeved alarm cable core... Sorry.

Finding the other end of the cable and discovering what's connected where, would be the best solution

Sponsored Links
Ok do me a favour. Take some more pics and send them as a Jpeg to

Can you send me a picture of the sounder good quality, and the receiver/sender unit. Now with that picture all the cables that come in I need pictures of and to where they are going if a video is easier that's fine.
The picture is too blurry to give you a exact outcome but I do believe its the second from the left as you look at te picture.

My wife just said pull on it hard which ever one moves is the right one lol
Bless her

No comments from the OP for three days now. I guess he looked in the sounder and saw the cut off ends! Now he'll be too embarrassed to thank anyone. :LOL:

From years of support experience: if they don't call back, they've fixed it (probably, with your help). :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hiya both,

How are you getting on ?

Sleeving is just an extension of the sleeving as you already know it. What happens is, there may be a 'take off' point for say a +ve inside a device he is running his cable past, or else he has a bit of four core and wants to add two more, he cuts about a foot (30 cms) of say four core and pulls all the cores out, twists two extra wires to them and slides them (sometimes with difficulty) back through the original white sleeving, or a slightly larger sleeving. That was my suspicion a few posts back when I asked him for a pic of the entire 'job lot' on the wall.

Anyway, you've both done a grand job, and he might not come back as you say ( I would be embarrassed if I missed the cut offs too). See how it goes, a reply means following those cores, and neither of you are out of your depth on that one.

Talk with you both soon,

Take care,

CD

No not done a runner, too embarrassed to come back, nor have I fixed the issue. Just been mentally busy as our sister in law has just had a baby and we had our nephew to stay. I appreciate all the additional advice and will act on this tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

Cheer guys

Congratulations, that's great news,

You take your time mate and come back when you're ready.

CD

Hi KD,

What is the situation on the 'pics'. I understand you have a family issue so reply whenever it suits you. How's the baby ?

CD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back