Alarm Bell Box rewire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me rewire my bell box for my galaxy alarm, it doesn't seem to conform with the general ones I have seen in the net.
I have five holes reading from left to right TAMP (covers two holes), +, hi, lo.
Which wire goes in which hole.
Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is no branding on the bell box at all but the alarm is a galaxy alarm, do you know which wire I need to put into each hole?
Thanks for the advice

Sponsored Links
Yes I think you are right it is internal, if so which wires go where? I will not be able to get a photo up until tomorrow I'm afraid

There is no standard colour code for alarm systems, so you'll need to see what colour wire connects to each of the associated outputs on the main PCB in your end station control box.

Hi there it is a galaxy 500 co57, what are the next steps I need to take??
All advice appreciated

Hi there it is a galaxy 500 co57, what are the next steps I need to take??
All advice appreciated
Galaxy 500, do you live in a mansion or two?

That is an 'old' professional control panel more suited to an industrial complex than a private house. You expect to have 500 circuits?

For ease I would use a much simpler panel in a house like a Texecom Veritas 8.

Sell the Galaxy on ebay.

The alarm was put into the house before we moved, it was owned by someone in the trade. We are now selling the house and I just need to connect the internal sounder so it is fit for use

Hi there many thanks for the reply the sounder is internal and it is situated in the hall next to the door bell sounder.
Do I need to cut off the electricity to do all this?
Please excuse my lack of any knowledge whatsoever

I have the engineer code for the panel of that helps, I think the system is working but the internal sounder got ripped out when the alarm was sounding constantly late at night so just need to wire it back in
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back