alarm code - not sure if correct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
First post here and I hope you might be able to help.
I've moved into a new house which has a burglar alarm.

Looking on google it looks very similar, although not exact to this:
http://ukpanels.com/images/C&K/st800lrkp.jpg

It's a C&K Securitech one.
I assume it was fitted when the house was built, in 1995.

The divorced lady of the house who sold us it says she never used the alarm and doesn't know the code...!

The ex-husband was contacted who said 'he thinks' it's XXXX. (Moved out some time ago I think.)

Now, if we try this code and it's wrong, will it cause the alarm to start kicking off?

As you can imagine, the last thing we want is to disturb a dormant alarm without knowing how to turn it off.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Guessing the code once will not cause the alarm to activate. If unsure, google a manual and default the codes. Upon looking at the manual, it appears just the codes can be defaulted, with the zone programming being saved. Never done it myself though...

http://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/intruder/documents/800L_Install.pdf

Page 12

And change the battery if it hasn't been changed in the last 4-5 years or so.

Hi Josh,
thanks for taking the time for looking at for me!

Would the battery be in the control keypad unit?

Presumably you'd need to know the code before fiddling with batteries as the unit would think it was a breach attempt being made.

Sponsored Links
Hi Josh,
thanks for taking the time for looking at for me!

Would the battery be in the control keypad unit?

Presumably you'd need to know the code before fiddling with batteries as the unit would think it was a breach attempt being made.

I'll PM you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back