Alarm doesn’t go off after entry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Didn’t notice until recently but after entering house when alarm was armed, can hear the countdown buzzer, but I didn’t type in code and internal alarm went off, but not external siren.

I tested again, stayed in house, waited until countdown buzzer off, waved in front of sensor and the alarm went off, external as well and got called by the dialler as well.

Seems strange, why would opening front door have the countdown buzzer time out and only internal alarm go off, and I didn’t get a call from dialler.

Did I wait long enough? I waited until internal hoping off and countdown buzzer had stopped?

Sponsored Links
For a start make and model of alarm panel may help as the crystal ball is broken ....
Some panels give pre alarm on entry exit
Eg 30s entry time
Then 30secs of pre alarm ....

For a start make and model of alarm panel may help as the crystal ball is broken ....
Some panels give pre alarm on entry exit
Eg 30s entry time
Then 30secs of pre alarm ....
Sorry it’s a Scantronic 9448+

It has a main panel and a remote keypad at door 9427 style.

So I should wait a bit longer maybe and try again?

Thanks

Yes this panel has entry pre alarm ....( you can’t adjust the time ) wait 30s after the internal goes off ...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back