Alarm-External PIR Chime and Siren Q's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Just getting around to wiring in my alarm system and have a couple of Q's for the experts.

I have a Scantronic 9448+ and I want to hook up an external PIR to one of the zones to operate the chime facility-I know about the standalone PIR/Chime devices but the distance and buildings in the way make wireless unreliable as I already tried and I have installed underground cables for the job. So what PIR can I use for this-would a normal light switch type PIR be OK or do I have to use an alarm type PIR ?

Secondly for another alarm box I have (Chinese hybrid) for an outbuilding the output for the Siren is only 150milliamp and I want an external siren and a small soundbomb hardwired into the house -I have a spare 4 way telephone cable to use so long as it will be OK over 50 metres carrying 85milliamp ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
external pir i would recommend an optex vx402 or lx 402 not cheap but you get what you pay for

Thanks for the reply.
Those sensors look pretty high tech and probably a bit much for what I require-basically a chime alarm to pick up anyone snooping around in the dark. I might try a regular internal sensor in a sheltered spot and hope the damp air doesn't cause problems or failure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back