Alarm outputs into home automation systems

It looks like soon you'll be able to integrate Texecom directly with Z-Wave and a bunch of other stuff:

http://www.texe.com/uk/technology/connect/

A more expensive option is Control4 (although if you buy a second hand HC250 controller off ebay and find a cheap integrator it's not ridiculous), but I know that integrates pretty well via IP. You can then also do lots of extra programming logic (like have your lights flash when the alarm comes on, send you an email when a PIR is triggered when armed, send you a snapshot from a camera when a door contact is opened etc, pretty much anything you want).

Sponsored Links
Hi

I wrote some scripts to integrate Texecom into Homeseer some years ago, and been running them since.

You can easily get real time (pretty much) response on zone updates easily.. ideal for lighting etc, as well as heaps of panel status info if you care to poll for it.

You could use simple expender or panel outputs into a simple usb device to get stuff in, but a software only solution is the way to go.

The Crestron and simple protocol are fully documented.

David

Hi David (Bestgear)
Would you be willing to share your scripts? I’m not much of a coder and keen to integrate my Elite 64 with HomeSeer.
Thanks Scott

im about to buy a premier with the connect module. Can this integrate into Hue bulbs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back