Alarm Panel

L

LooPrEvil

Hi chaps, hope you had a good Christmas.

I will shortly be decorating my hall and notice that that my A1 Omniicron 6000 alarm control panel is looking old and tired, so could do with possibly being replaced whilst decorating.

Could you please recommend suitable replacement units and possible suppliers.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The best panel to install DIY would be the texecom veritas series, I would recommend the veritas 8,
8 compact or
R8,
take a look at texecom's website,
www.texe.com
if you are working with the old panel THERE WILL BE MAINS PRESENT.

Yes, FSB, the current panel is mains fed. I fitted it myself several years ago.

I am hoping that that I can just simply remove all connections from the Omnicron and re attach them to a new panel without the need to modify the existing cables?

The Veritas should do the job then. Roughly the same size.
Did you leave some "slack" on the cables?
You may consider a Premier as an alternative as it has far more features.
For not a lot more.

Also remember you will probably need a new battery, and a nice new EWD as well.

Sponsored Links
I think there is plenty of slack. The panel is fitted on the out side of an understairs cupboard, with the cables coming from behind the cupboard - they run horizontal and vertically so to get extra length I can also re route them to run at an angle which should give an exta few inches.

Which is the Premier model, and what is an EWD (I can only think it is the external alarm? Do the panels not come with a battery?

Odyssey 3E for the bell box,
I agree on the premier, Alarm, but it's not exactly DIY centred!
adding to the list of new components, if the PIRS are the originals, replace with Texecom PIRS, same with door contacts.

Which is the Premier model, and what is an EWD (I can only think it is the external alarm? Do the panels not come with a battery?
the premier is the texecom premier, the top of the range texecom panel,(Veritas being cheaper (in price) and easier for DIY)
EWD stands for external warning device, I.E. outside box.
panels don't come with batteries but you can probably order kits with everything we have mentioned online.

External Warning Device.........damn EU regs :D

Agreed change the contacts, PIR`s could be reused depends on the make.

can't they just call the bell boxes or external sounders? it's got to be an acronym for everything these days! PAB, PIR, EWD, RKP, SAB, SCB, that kind of stuff.

Well the PAB is now a HUD.
SAB and SCB always were. But now contained in a EWD.
RKP always was also.
Internal sounder a LS.

anyway, enough talk about acronyms, we want to hear a verdict from the OP!

Thanks guy's for your detailed explanations. Based on what has been said I will opt for a Veritas panel and change the external box. Some of the internal door contacts do want changing so I may as well do that, and replace the PIRs in due course.

Thank again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back