Alarm PIR Detectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just fitting Alarm PIR Detectors and there is a jumper inside them which can be set for 'Digital Pulse Count', with settings of 1, 2AP & 3 available.

I guess 1 & 3 are the number of detections before it triggers, but what is 2AP?

Also what's the best setting to use for normal household use?

Thanks

Rod

Sponsored Links
i suggest you do that then, and see what happens when you move infront of the pir, then select another postion and repeat ...........

Sponsored Links
I was hoping for an answer from someone who had knowledge of PIR's to save me time during the installation, not the the forum comedian !

There is no rule that says what the makers of any particular detector can or should call any optional settings they choose to offer.

Hence my first question of what does the manual say since i dont have it and you do.

and as the manual now turns out to be of little use, what else do you suppose you can do.

How do you think most of us learn what you can and can not do? you read the manual or paperwork that comes with what ever it is you are refering to. In this case a PIR

Here's a link to a full explanation of how PIR pulse counts work, from this you can see what the various jumper settings mean.

http://www.mos.co.za/downloads/e91092/applinfo3.pdf

Much better than a 'wire them up then jump up and down in front to see what happens' approach.

Is it a surprise that there are so many false alarms with that approach.

I'm just fitting Alarm PIR Detectors and there is a jumper inside them which can be set for 'Digital Pulse Count', with settings of 1, 2AP & 3 available.

I guess 1 & 3 are the number of detections before it triggers, but what is 2AP?

Also what's the best setting to use for normal household use?

Thanks

Rod
It would help a lot if you told us the make and model of this detector.

RodA
Trying to be a smart alec will do you no favours, your original question was not as you are now saying it was

Here's a link to a full explanation of how PIR pulse counts work

You first asked

but what is 2AP?

I then asked what the instructions say, you are saying they are of no use, i then suggested you may want to try each jumper position to see what it does. I already know what pulse count is. But that is not what you asked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back