Pyronix KX15DT PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother has a Pyronix KX15DT PIR installed in her conservatory.

She's commented that the LED indicator on the front used to generally light up in blue, occasionally green, however is now orange.

I've looked at ithe manual online and this states
- blue indicates PIR and microwave detection
- green is PIR only
- orange is microwave only

I'm no alarm expert so I'm completely guessing, but I'm guessing this means the PIR detector might have gone faulty? Does this mean it will no longer trigger the alarm or would the microwave sensor still cause the alarm to be triggered in the event of an intruder?

Shorter question: does it need replacing?

Sponsored Links
Two things ....how old is it ....does it get a lot of direct sunlight on the unit ?
Slightly push your finger on the lens....is it soft or does it start to crack ? What sometimes happens is the sunlight effects the lens making it hard for the pir side to see out ....thus only the microwave side works , this can be confirmed by removing the cover and see if it now picks up

Two things ....how old is it ....does it get a lot of direct sunlight on the unit ?
Slightly push your finger on the lens....is it soft or does it start to crack ? What sometimes happens is the sunlight effects the lens making it hard for the pir side to see out ....thus only the microwave side works , this can be confirmed by removing the cover and see if it now picks up
It's 15 years old and it's in direct sunlight most of the time. The plastic housing has yellowed to the point you'd struggle to believe it was ever white :)

Next time I'm at my mums I'll have a look at the lens and remove the cover and see what happens - though from what you're saying it sounds it's likely past it's useful life and will need replacing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back