Alarm query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a problem wth my Optima XL 6 alarm. We had a power cut whereby, after the power came back on the only light showing on the diplay, is the power on LED. The alarm no longer works intems of allowing me to enter my code etc.

Can anyone help please as we do not have the manual

Thanks
Graeme1422

Sponsored Links
Gray. Sent you a message but not sure it got through.

When you say the system won't allow you to enter the code do you mean the keys beep when you press them but the number has no effect, or that the keys make no noise when pressed?

Sponsored Links
ghost-towel-1.jpg

hi,

Sorry I didn't reply. I meant that ther is 240v supply present (and no fuses blown) however when I press the keys, they make no noises.

I think the backup battery has failed, after replacing it do you know how to reset the system etc

Thanks

Graeme 1422

It's the PCB 12 volt fuse that Breezer is talking about - not the mains.

I would have been, but i didnt mention any fuses. I only mentioned the standby battery

I'm an intuitive sorta guy - I knew you'd say that next. :LOL:

RF: you look a bit peaky, mate. ;)

Gra: If the panel has locked out, you;ll need to reset to factory conditions. This involves removing the mains and battery supplies, then shorting out two terminals on the PCB before powering up again.

Which two terminals I'm not sure until you post a pic of the PCB. If you're still in need of a solution, that is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back