Alarm status traffic lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can't find these anywhere....

Not sure if they are specific to honeywell galaxy or ADT or both.

Maybe not recently, but I recall seeing a single socket blanking plate sized unit with large (maybe 10mm) LEDs in a traffic light configuration (red, yellow, green) which reflect the status of the alarm

I could make one, but can't find the actual item described above anywhere.
Anyone know what they are known as / have any further info.
Cheers
Dan

Sponsored Links
You have unfortunately asked a question in the forum of death. No doubt one of the professionals/non professionals will be along soon with some patronising/unfunny remark. Best of luck, any bit of the forum but this and you would have stood a chance.

Hi,

That's a status board or a system status indicator board. You could try C.Tec security, they enjoy building these things, turned out to be a good firm too, weren't rated that much in the 1980's but churning out clever gear these days.

In all seriousness, I can safely log off for the night because I have just had corroborative evidence, and I laughed hysterically when I read it:-

denso13: "...... You have unfortunately asked a question in the forum of death...."

Sponsored Links
Chaindaisy, thanks, that's useful.

So, do you reckon it was ADT who had these specially made? I can't find any evidence of these on their website, or the honeywell galaxy one.

I'm sure I've seen them in banks.

Chaindaisy, thanks, that's useful.

So, do you reckon it was ADT who had these specially made? I can't find any evidence of these on their website, or the honeywell galaxy one.

I'm sure I've seen them in banks.
Think about it, Banks showing the status of their alarms??

It could be anyone really, Chubb used them a lot at one time. They are quite common and there is no particular 'patent' on a system status board in general. Don't let the in-between posts bother you, I have four characters who simply follow me around and add a comment after I have replied to a post, they rarely offer anything constructive on the forum.

Take Care Roasty.

I would imagine it's literally just 3 LEDs on a plate, each wired to a zone on the alarm in series with a resistor.

I have an LED inside my house on my alarm which is lit when the areas protecting the garage and shed outside are disarmed, just as a reminder to set them before going out / going to bed etc.

Can't find these anywhere....

Not sure if they are specific to honeywell galaxy or ADT or both.

Maybe not recently, but I recall seeing a single socket blanking plate sized unit with large (maybe 10mm) LEDs in a traffic light configuration (red, yellow, green) which reflect the status of the alarm

I could make one, but can't find the actual item described above anywhere.
Anyone know what they are known as / have any further info.
Cheers
Dan

Wouldn't be difficult to make as others have said it's just 3 leds mounted on a single gang blanking plate (if you do decide to have a go at drilling the plate, I found using a cone cutter to be the most effective without shattering)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/crabtree-...Rjwcb2gDlSx5MfyR2rtQNv1ypxy0WYv8Nz!-668575151

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Goodwill-Leds-Sales/10mm-LEDS-12V-ALSO-LEADS-/_i.html?_fsub=833353014

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks everyone, can't find these for sale anywhere.
I've bought the bits and started assembly.
I'll post pictures tomorrow, they look just like the 'real' thing! :D

Go for it Roasty, we're all rooting for you. So they are looking just like the real thing .... Roasty, yours are the real thing. In fact I can see you selling quite a few should you decide to. Can't wait to see the 'pics'.

Happy new year to you,

Chain Daisy.

Hello Dan,

You have just completed a fantastic job, they are brilliant. The finish is so professional, I can see you selling a few of these (I know I would buy them, no problems). I can't see any limiting resistors for the diodes, are they needed on this set up ? I'm just guessing mate, it's no big deal. Think I had better find your website incase I need some. Fantastic.

Take care mate, and well done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back