Alarm system suffering interference from lightswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Few months ago not every time but sometimes when I turned off kitchen light it set off the panic button on alarm system . So I disconnected panic button but now when I turn on or off light the cctv monitor goes black then comes back on anyone got any ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
Long tube light but also think lamp is doing it too they got energy type bulbs in I changed plug socket to see if that changed anything but no .

I'd suspect the lightswitch is arcing slightly and should be replaced.

I'd also suspect the alarm and cctv systems do not have interference suppressors in their mains and signal wires.

Sponsored Links
panic button went off, disconnected and now cctv monitor goes black? sometimes when you turn off the light fitting.

and this has only recently started?

I am struggling to understand how disconnect the pan that went off is now affecting the cctv monitor.

is the power tripping out and you having to reset it?

Ye I disconnect pa button because that say went off about 3 times in a month not every time someone turned light on or off but since then I was using an old computer monitor for the cctv (which was fine no problems ) until about month ago change to a Samsung monitor now every time I turn on or off screen goes black and comes back on as if it has lost signal from hdmi lead

IMG_0573.JPG

Replace the lights with LEDs, end of problem. LED strips are available now to replace fluorescents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back