Alarming a Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after their neighbours getting burgled the other day the in-laws have finally listened to my advice and want a bell fitting, only problem is their house has a large conservatory with lots of opening lights and a double door. its not an entry/exit route but it isnt overlooked so its an easy target and needs more than just a door contact......however I dont really want to fit a contact on every single window. What do you learned chaps thin the best (simplest) way to bell it up is ?

Sponsored Links
Also, consider vibration detectors, like Vipers, and an acoustic break glass detector.

If they leave any of the windows open in hot weather, the dual tec could false alarm - a bumble bee looks awfully big when it's close up!

If there's an external grade door between the conservatory and the house, the conservatory may not need alarming at all.

Sponsored Links
theyre terrible for leaving windows open in the conservatory so perhaps a PIR is to be avoided. I did think of Vipers, as I have used them in the past , but only on window frames and not a whole conservatory, what sort of area do they cover, ie for a 10ft length of conservatory wall I presume one would not suffice.....good point about the access door though.

Never had a problem with a DT .... Even when it was that hot the underfloor heating controller went off the scale.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back