Alcove shower pod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just ripped out an old leaking tray out of my alcove shower area and was looking at the one piece shower pods that are available. Does anyone have a ny comments (good or bad) or recommendations ?

These look quite good....

http://www.advanced-showers.com/750C.php?sector=dev

I have also looked at the Kinelux pod.

I know you can buy shower panelling to use instead of tiles but I thought ones of these would be less likely to leak and prove to be less trouble to fit.

Sponsored Links
They look better than the pile of poo I spent £600 on a couple of years ago for my own house :rolleyes: ...........bloody good job it wasn`t for a customer ........just one caveat..........where it says mastic in the instructions ......use Neutral Curing silicone.........IF the panels are PVC-u because sanitary silicone and others don`t stick to pvc ;)

Cheers Nige. Whats wrong with the one you bought ? I don't suppose you'd be willing to mention the manufacturer to avoid me buying the same ?

According to the website its Glass Reinforced Polymer...I need something strong to support my ample 16 stone frame. Fortunately there are plenty of stockists and one in my town so hopefully I can have a look.....I wont buy one of these without seeing it first.

Only problem may be the price.....the rrp on the Kinelux pod was pushing a grand...the web site makes this product look like it's near that money but I think i'll be told you get what you pay for with these products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back