Shower pods - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just started looking at these, to put one in a bedroom. Are they any good? The idea of a free standing unit with no need to tile the walls does sound attractive.

Do they all have the same waste pipe arrangement and waste pipe size? I need to sort out a waste pipe under the floor and through a wall so that I can get the floorboards down in a new extension.

Do I need to choose which pod I want before the waste pipe requirement becomes apparent?

Do they have to have power showers?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
They're hateful things. If you don't like tiled walls, look at Multipanel

shocking things and to install also inherent with problems and costly to repair , not a good idea ;)

Sponsored Links
Yeah held together with very small screws hard to seal on the joints I would do the job properly if I were you op, it will last longer and you will be more pleased with the result.

Mark

1500534920861-1074051137.jpg

In the corner there, loads of room.
A vertical box-out in the corner of the upstairs kitchen behind that wall has all the pipes etc, about a third of the way along that newly plastered wall (from the left).

I can take clean water pipes in thru the doorway but I think I might struggle with falls on the waste water pipe coming back that way, so going direct thru the wall would be better.

I would have a mixer tap if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back