aldi powercraft going bust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a compressor in Aldi in Feb and it broke so I took it back to Aldi who told me to ring the manufacturer "PowerCraft".

I was told they are bust. Does anyone know how I'm going to get my money back or the compressor replaced????

Sponsored Links
Your contract is with Aldi, the retailer, not with their supplier.

You'll have to go back to them and be firm with them: they can't try to palm you off onto someone else.

Omegawolf/ powercraft are the company that deal with all warranties from ALDI tools that have the name Powercraft on them.

If you have bought a powercraft tool in Aldi in the last three years and still have a warranty, it GONE

I'll gi there tomorrow because i bought this computer also with Aldi

Sponsored Links
If that doesn't work does anyone know what i should do??? :confused:
Thanks for that :D

If that doesn't work does anyone know what i should do??? :confused:
Thanks for that :D

It will work! Sale of Goods Act:

The seller, not the manufacturer is responsible if goods do not conform to the contract.

Your contract is with Aldi not the manufacturer!

ALdi are famous for fobbing you off when returning stuff.
research the Sale of Goods act & your rights, print them out & go & ask to see the store manager (and only the manager) and insist on a refund.

yep as mattylad said above your contract is with aldi

they must repair or refund and as they cant repair they have one choice left :LOL:

Does the UK SOGA apply to Ireland? :confused:

Not 100% sure but I did read on an Irish consumers website that says when you buy goods from a retailer your contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer.

Hi there. I rang their help line yesterday as a bought an 18v cordless drill and the charger has had to go back due to a fault.

The man told me that Power Craft has not gone bust. He said the the company that supplies their products to Aldi has gone bust.

They're called Omega Wolf. When the administrators have sorted things out, they should honour the guarantees.

Fingers crossed. Hope this helps you.

If you need help with any problems relating to Omega Powercrat tools, ring the helpline: 08448750105. I did and found them very helpfull. A blown up battery charger was replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back