Craft compressor fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a craft TA25/180 compressor 5 years ago through ALDI and the automatic shut off valve stopped working years ago, I always manually knocked it off via the guage but that has now failed. Everything else works fine so seems a shame to throw it away, I have removed all the electrics and gauge but cannot see any auto switch.

Does anyone know of any suppliers that sell parts for craft or powercraft as I believe they may have gone bust.

Sponsored Links
Thanks they must all be very similar if not the same, i'll check my pressures and tank size and find one to suit. :)

Sponsored Links
Ive had a look on ebay and just wanted to check before I order if anyone knows, most of them say 20 amp and some are 16amp. And can you buy new auto pressure switch pipe?

The ebay ones all look like they have an olive and compression fitting. Mine does on the end that screws into the tank but the valve end just fits in with a clip and has a sealed end.

I have had a look on mine and cant see much but its a 25 litre and says 115psi even though the gauge goes to 180psi. And it says 6amp the plug is 13amp. Will the 20amp ones work?

I've included some pictures here.

ordered and fit the new air compressor switch and for some reason it is the same as the old one when the compressor is filling up when it gets to about 95 psi the relief valve opens instead of the switch cutting the motor out.

These are supposed to cut the motor before the relief valve opens aren't they?

What pressure is the compressor supposed to run at.

The air receiver (air tank) will have a rated working pressure WP stamped on it.

Either the switch set point is too high or the relief valve blow-off point is too low.

Either way you must NEVER exceed the WP of the receiver.

Well the original pressure switch never used to cut out the motor so I replaced it for this one which I bought and it still doesn't cut off. The pressure rating is 116 PSI (8 BAR) The pipe is connected correctly from the tank to the switch and I've checked its not blocked, surely the new switch can't also be faulty.

The advert says this so maybe I'll have to see if I can adjust the setting lower

Brand new and high quality.
Air compressor pressure switch single phase 20AMP
Voltage: 240V
Working pressure preset: 90psi-120psi
Pressure can be adjusted
Pressure adjustment range :0.5-1 .25 Mpa
Pressure: 0.3 ± 0.05Mpa
Minimum pressure: 60psi
Maximum pressure: 175psi
Electrical Rating: 240V 20AMP
3 x 1/4" BSP ports
1/4" BSP Connection to compressor
With switch On/Off

Now resolved, just needed the pressure screw wound out a little under the cover to make it shut off at 90 psi before the relief valve opens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back