PRV Blowing on Air Compressor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've finally sorted all the connections out for my compressor - thanks chaps.

I've now discovered that my compressor (which I haven't used for a year) has developed a fault.

Previously it used the run until the pressure reached a certain level (can't remember what) and then it would shut the compressor off. It would then re-start when the pressure dropped. It doesn't do that any more, now if it is not be used constantly it runs and eventually a pressure release valve blows and it continues compressing.

It keeps doing this until I switch it off.

I guess the auto shut off switch is faulty. Does anyone know where that is? Is it part of the master switch assembly or regulator?

Is this a common problem? It is a SIP Airmate T2/25-0

Sponsored Links
usually inside the electrical on/off switch on the compressor as it shuts the motor down on operation. may just be seized up

Sponsored Links
Cheers. I have taken the entire switch assembly off and there was an air pipe attached to that so the pressure switch is obviously in there. Replacement is only about £30 so will replace.

The regulator on this compressor is rubbish and air appears to be leaking from round it somewhere. It is possibly the joint so I could reseal but was wondering if I can completely remove it? The compressor is permanently attached to a Sealey filter and regulator so can I just use that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back