All aboard - get your free houses. Welcome the Greeks.

Sponsored Links
"The aim is to create here in Britain a really hostile environment for illegal migration," she said.

"What we don't want is a situation where people think that they can come here and overstay because they're able to access everything they need."

Too liittle too late comes to mind, even without the greeks we are snowed under anyhow but on the brightside I have a 10ft x 8ft shed empty...whats the going rate again for illegal immigrats

Greeks are members of the EU, so as would not be illegal immigrants under current EU law.

Not my quote..read the link this is what mrs may is saying, must say though I thought the same thing unless we are geeting out of the Eu quite quickly.......

Sponsored Links
Bodgeitandleggit said:
If memory serves me correctly the plan was to have one europe all singing off the same songsheet with currency,laws and all other differences put together for a unfied europe, this was thought out after the WW1 but never materilaised ...

I don't remember that bit - but then I did fail my history O-level. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I thought the EU, as we know it today, was born out of the Common Market - which was an arrangement whereby German factory workers paid vast amounts of money to French and Italian farmers to grow food that nobody wanted then paid them again to destroy it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To put no fine point upon it, it was how Germany repaid France for WW2. Which side were the Italians on again? :confused: :confused: :confused: At about the same time, the European Convention on Human Rights (which, despite the criticism it gets, is a very concise and well thought out document) was written with one overriding aim: No more Nazis! Sadly, it didn't extend as far as Yugoslavia. :( :( :(

Back