All this talk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on the radio ect about anti semitism in the labour party ? and this chief rabbi sticking his nose in

tbh I dont quite get it :confused::confused:

is this caper the same thing as being a racist but against jews ?

some of the comments that I have seen I dunno what all the fuss is about

mountain out of a mole hill from what I can make of it ???

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Anti Semitism exists but is it any worse than any other form of prejudice.
According to the self appointed experts on the subject it is the worst prejudice of all.
Even though polls and surveys have shown that anti Semitism is a bigger problem among Tory supporters than Labour supporters the emphasis is still on Corbyn for some reason.

The tragedy is that the genuine problem of anti Jewish sentiment is being exploited for party political motives.

Cannot see how corbyn can be accused or labelled with any of this nonsense?

Tis all ball cocks imo

As for that Margaret hodge she's a disgrace taping a private conversation with Corbyn and then releasing it to the press

So what exactly are they doing that's classed as anti sematic?

I don't see them denying the holocaust so i's not that.
I don't see any anti jewish statements.
so WTF is it that they ARE doing?

Sponsored Links
I don’t really know what it’s about but watching him squirm when being interviewed by Andrew Neil last night, he was pulled up for basically saying that he was going to come down like a ton of bricks and suspend/expel any party members that cross the line etc. but he would't explain why someone who had crossed the line by a long way had only had a warning letter. Say one thing, do another when it comes to anti semitism. He also declined to apologise when asked numerous times and went off on a typical politicians non-answer waffle. Perhaps that’s why Jewish people are ****ed with him?

Last edited:

These things?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/21/world/europe/britain-election-antisemitism.html

"But British Jews, some of whom were already drifting rightward in recent decades, have accelerated their retreat from Labour since Mr. Corbyn became leader in 2015.

An ardent anticapitalist and anti-imperialist, Mr. Corbyn once defended a mural featuring grotesque caricatures of hooknosed Jewish bankers. He accused longtime Britons who were Zionists of failing to “understand English irony.” And several whistle-blowers have accused Corbyn allies of interfering in the party’s anti-Semitism complaints process.

Labour is now under investigation by Britain’s Equalities and Human Rights Commission.

In recent weeks, one Labour candidate quit after being accused of calling a Jewish colleague “Shylock,” a reference to the moneylender in Shakespeare’s “The Merchant of Venice,” and another left the race after revelations that she compared Israel to “an abused child who grows up to become an abusive adult.”"

Anti Semitism exists but is it any worse than any other form of prejudice.
According to the self appointed experts on the subject it is the worst prejudice of all.
Even though polls and surveys have shown that anti Semitism is a bigger problem among Tory supporters than Labour supporters the emphasis is still on Corbyn for some reason.

The tragedy is that the genuine problem of anti Jewish sentiment is being exploited for party political motives.
It is a carefully orchestrated campaign to discredit the Labour party, because Israel believes that the tories will do their bidding...

And that is the reason that not agreeing with Israeli state policy is now being treated as 'anti-semitic'!

Edit: The tories are of course anti-Islamic, but since they are the 'enemy' in many people's eyes they can get away with it...

It's no coincidence that Labour have a 'friends of Israel' group and a 'friends of Palestine and the Middle East ' group...

Whilst the tories only support the former!

Last edited:
I don’t really know what it’s about but watching him squirm when being interviewed by Andrew Neil last night, he was pulled up for basically saying that he was going to come down like a ton of bricks and suspend/expel any par byty members that cross the line etc. but he would't explain why someone who had crossed the line by a long way had only had a warning letter. Say one thing, do another when it comes to anti semitism. He also declined to apologise when asked numerous times and went off on a typical politicians non-answer waffle. Perhaps that’s why Jewish people are ****ed with him?
Whatever happened to the principle of innocent until proven guilty, it is easy to accuse someone of anti semitism but the burden of proof used to be on the accuser to produce evidence beyond reasonable doubt that the accused is actually guilty of the alleged offence.
In the case of the Labour party all sorts of accusations have been made without any real proof being produced to substantiate them.
Corbyn was right not to apologise for one simple reason.
If he "apologises" what he is doing is confirming that the narrative peddled by the media that the Labour party and it's membership are Jew hating racists..
Whatever your views on Labour or Corbyn to Libel millions of honest Labour voters as anti Semites isn't fair or accurate.

Whatever happened to the principle of innocent until proven guilty, it is easy to accuse someone of anti semitism but the burden of proof used to be on the accuser to produce evidence beyond reasonable doubt that the accused is actually guilty of the alleged offence.
In the case of the Labour party all sorts of accusations have been made without any real proof being produced to substantiate them.
Corbyn was right not to apologise for one simple reason.
If he "apologises" what he is doing is confirming that the narrative peddled by the media that the Labour party and it's membership are Jew hating racists..
Whatever your views on Labour or Corbyn to Libel millions of honest Labour voters as anti Semites isn't fair or accurate.

Corbyn did make quite a comprehensive apology last year.

I think by not apologising he has created a headline storm for the RW media, which I think maybe worse than any damage done just apologising.

Corbyn is at heart a political activist not a political strategist and he doesnt deal with this well.

Its a good point.
Its pretty hard to find anything of real substance.

Although I feel Corbyn is ideologically anti capitalist and is anti establishment. He supports Palestine and their troubles but doesnt visit Israel and meet the people injured by Hamas terrorists.

Its a one sided narrative rather than an actual anti semitic stance.

Ultimately Corbyn has left a vacuum which has been filled by online anti semitic abuse towards Labour MPs, supporters etc. Some of that abuse originates from labour supporters, but not all.

Corbyn did make quite a comprehensive apology last year.
Then he could simply have shut Andrew Neil up by saying something like "I made a comprehensive apology on this last year and I stand by that apology" and that would have been that. Instead, he chose numerous times to refuse to apologise and kept trying to talk about other stuff. He is his own worse enemy.

Last edited:
he chose numerous times to refuse to apologise and kept trying to talk about other stuff. He is his own worse enemy.

So you think a headline in the Express "Motman apologises for being a racist and Islamophobe" would convince people you're not one, and get people who believe you are to vote for you?

I'm all for religious freedom but not when you try use it for political aims.

It's all dirty politics. It is not illegal to be a racist, so you cannot be prosecuted for slander or libel if you call somebody a racist. So, it's an easy way to attack somebody, muddy their name and generally make out they are a bad, evil, nasty, hateful person.

If the right wing press just said "Corbyn's a nasty man, vote for the lovely Johnson" people would ignore and forget.
If the right wing press said "Corbyn's a paedo and rapist, vote for the lovely Johnson" they'd get fined and might even have the paper shut down.
But call him racist, antisemitic, and it's just opinion, but one that still makes people angry.
The scary thing is, is that antisemitic crimes are on the increase - it's as if all this coverage has reminded racists that they used to attack Jews.
As usual, the right wing is to blame, but the left suffers.

And as already mentioned, Bojo gets away with writing racist and homophobic comments - no need to speculate or accuse Boris - he puts it in writing for all to read. And nobody cares.

Sponsored Links
Back