Alloy Wheel Cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while back, I bought some BH Auto Wheel.

It cleaned OK up to a point, but the stubborn baked-in brake dust won't shift.

I know people frown on acidic wheel cleaner, is there anything else I could use to get the stubborn grime off?

Sponsored Links
Probably not, but go for some Wonder Wheels solution.....probably aggressive as they come but it shifts the grime.
Once the wheels are clean, Autoglym’s Motorcycle Cleaner works very well.
John :)

Probably not, but go for some Wonder Wheels solution.....probably aggressive as they come but it shifts the grime.
Once the wheels are clean, Autoglym’s Motorcycle Cleaner works very well.
John :)
Original or Colour Active?

Sponsored Links
Sorry but you’ve lost me here.....unless you mean a paint restorer ?
Original is the best for these.
John

Sorry, I was not clear.

Wonder Wheels has two formulas:

Original and Colour Active.

Wonder Wheels Set of 2 The Original Alloy Wheel Cleaner 600ml - Cleans Car Dirt Grease Brake Dust Instantly - Acid Free - Tire Cleaning Spray Washing - TWO PACK https://amzn.eu/d/3j7myOR

Wonder Wheels Set of 2 Colour Active Super Wheel Cleaner 600ml - With Changing Technology Alloy Iron Remover Car Acid Free Fallout Brake Dust Clean Cleaning Spray Safe Washing PH Balanced - TWO PACK https://amzn.eu/d/4Qsgvew

Ah, I see! I’ve started to use the No Nonsense cleaner from Screwfix and it’s as good as Wonder Wheels, using a spray applicator bottle.
The wash and wax from the same is excellent too, so I’m becoming a bit of a convert here.
John

When you need new brake pads, look for EBC "Red Stuff" which remarkably does not make dust that attacks alloy wheels.

Great! But which is the no nonsense stuff you say is as good as Wonder Wheels?

My mistake.....I had a few different No Nonsense chemicals delivered (degreaser, wash and wax) but the Turtle Wax product was an Amazon purchase. This stuff is as good as Wonder Wheels.
John

Taken the plunge with Wonder Wheels. The TW product is out of stock on Amazon.

Got them today.
Colour Active stuff.

Impressed, but will need another going over or two.

I know for a fact these wheels have not had a proper clean in 80K +.

I was jittery about going over the 5 minutes, though

Wonder if the No Nonsense stuff can be left on longer without detriment?

IMG_20220818_165613_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back