Almond smell?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally I'm decorating the spare room - which has previously been used as a diy store. :eek:
It hasn't been used as a bedroom since I moved in years ago and there is no furniture in it.
But I'm getting a sweetish vaguely almond smell. Though it doesn't seem as strong since I started decorating. Rot? Bugs? Rodents? Damp? I can't see anything obvious. Or could it just be mustiness from lack of use?
Failing any obvious cause, any suggestions to freshen it up?

Sponsored Links
Wow an almond smell from a pineapple...now that's clever :D :D sorry...pinenot ;)

Sponsored Links
I mentioned in another post, check your light fittings, light bulb/s could be overheating the plastic fitting /shade

Check for wet rotting wood around plumbing, for example if there's a shower next door. Wood that's been wet long-term with waste water can have an unpleasant sweetish odour. Don't ask me how I know this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back