Alpha 240 P/E Combi fault !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
hope you can help, I came home after a week to find my flat with a large wet patch under the bolier, I immediately opened the cove to check, I noticed dripping from the left side bottom, see pics, its a small plunger that activates a small black switch when the hot water is turned on and goes back when turned off. Water is emerging from around the pin hole, its a constant drip. What is this part called and any idea on how to replace this part?
Any pointers would be very greatful,
thanks in advance..

Sponsored Links
Its the gland nut on the hot water flow switch that is leaking by the sounds of it.

You can get a service kit for the hw valve that includes a diaphragm and gland nut. Its easy to do. Turn off mains water and electric, open hot tap thats lower than the boiler. Remove microswitch and undo 6 screws. replace diaphragm (its probably going to be stretched so may as well do it at same time). Undo gland nut from front of valve and replace. Put back together the same as it came apart.

Thanks very much for your help but after ive replaced the diapham and gland nut do I just turn the mains back on and electric or do I have to refill/repressurise the boiler?
thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back