Alpha 240E- no DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,
There is no Domestic Hot Water (DHW) coming out of my Alpha 240E boiler. Only the Central Heating (CH) working i.e the radiators getting hot every time there is a demand for DHW, the following tests have been carried out:-

• Switching the Selector switch to DHW only (the tap picture), turn on the sink tap, the boiler fires up normally, the DHW does not get hot at all where as the radiations get very hot.
• Switching the Selector switch to DHW and CH (the tap and the radiator picture), turning off the CH on the timer, turn on the sink tap, the boiler fires up normally, the DHW does not get hot at all where as the radiations get very hot.
• The only time we get warm DHW when the central heating has been working for a while.

In both cases both pins of the primary and the DHW of the diverter valve are seen to be moving and pressing the microswitches.

Can some one help please

Sponsored Links
Kevplumd,
Thanks for the speedy reply, I thought it might be, however I can see both pins of the DV moving out fully, do you thing that something faulty inside the valve and need to be replaced completely. I had the same problem 18 months a go, I noticed that the DHW pin was not moving, I replaced the diaphragm of the DHW section of the DV, that seemed to solve the problem until now.

Stuck internaly take it out split it and clean then use silicone grease for lubrication

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back