alpha 280p no heating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alpha 280p combi boiler about 6 years old. The hot water is working ok but the heating is not coming on properly. I have had an engineer out twice who has changed a therm switch and also put cleanser and another liquid through (yesterday). When I put the heating on the green heating display light comes on and the boiler fires up but the rads are not all getting hot. Just before this problem started we had a real banging noise and airplane noise! HELP im cold

Sponsored Links
He didnt actually check it to my knowledge but did say that it seems to be running okay!!

It could be blocked or going slow. Has to come off for inspection.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info - will have a chat with bloke when he comes. Put heating on 1 hour ago and there seem to be a few radiators upstairs that have come on but not really hot! Boiler seems to be powering up on the heating for less that a min and then powers down again - keeps doing it!! Powers up perfectly for hot water. The guy did say that he may put some acid in system?? Whats that all about? :confused:

Does your system have a motorised valve? (probably sited near the pump) if so, it could be faulty, you should be able to operate it by hand.

Does your system have a motorised valve? (probably sited near the pump) if so, it could be faulty, you should be able to operate it by hand.
If it was a faulty pump and you opened the hot tap, your boiler would go into lock out after a while because it would overheat.........having said that there are people more experienced than me on this forum, so keep an open mind!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back