Alpha Boiler Problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new so sorry if this subject has been covered before.

I have an Aplha combi boiler HE25. I've had nothing but hassle with it since I had it fitted 15 months ago. What keeps happenig is that I'm only getting cold or luke warm water when I run the hot tap. Alpha came out in September and replaced the diverter valve. This solved the problem, but now it is happening again. The engineer that fitted the valve told me it's a common fault on these boilers.

I called Alpha and they said it's wear and tear :mad: It's also out of guarantee so they're not bothered.

Wish I'd never bought it now. Seems a lot of people have problems with Alpha boilers, or are all boilers the same? I'm thinking of contacting Watch Dog to see if anyone else is having the same reoccurring problems.

Sponsored Links
I thought that Alpha boilers had a FIVE year warrantee?

Is yours really that old after 15 months ?

Tony

surely is just the diaphragm thats gone? not a difficult fix on these, keeping it leak free afterwards is harder.

Hi,

I have an Aplha combi boiler HE25. I've had nothing but hassle with it since I had it fitted 15 months ago. What keeps happenig is that I'm only getting cold or luke warm water when I run the hot tap. Alpha came out in September and replaced the diverter valve. This solved the problem, but now it is happening again. The engineer that fitted the valve told me it's a common fault on these boilers.

I called Alpha and they said it's wear and tear :mad: It's also out of guarantee so they're not bothered.

Wish I'd never bought it now. Seems a lot of people have problems with Alpha boilers, or are all boilers the same? I'm thinking of contacting Watch Dog to see if anyone else is having the same reoccurring problems.

And what the xxxx do you think Watchdog are going to do about it? The only thing they're interested in is goggle box ratings. However if they were they would tell you to take your problem to the person you bought it from (eg. your installer) who ironically seems the only person you've not made a complaint to.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

And what the xxxx do you think Watchdog are going to do about it? The only thing they're interested in is goggle box ratings. However if they were they would tell you to take your problem to the person you bought it from (eg. your installer) who ironically seems the only person you've not made a complaint to.

How very charming & helpful! If you'd bothered to read my post you'd see that it's not an installation problem but a manufacturing problem. From my my initial investigations and from what the engineer said, It's a common problem with Alpha. So get of your high horse and take a chill pill.

And as for Watch Dog, I'm sure they would love to highlight Alpha for what they really are. Wear & tear?? What after 15 months?? Pull the other one!!

And as for Watch Dog, I'm sure they would love to highlight Alpha for what they really are. Wear & tear?? What after 15 months?? Pull the other one!!

Bet they wouldnt! Its hardly a major issue like the suprima PCBs.

Your boiler will most probably either need a new diaphragm or plate heat exchanger is blocking.

Why cant you cantact the installer?

I have contact the installer and told him about the problem and he's comong to look a it, but it will probably cost me. Because the valve was last changed under the gaurantee by an installer from Alpha, I thought I'd contact them first to see if they could do anytyhing. It was the bit about wear and tear that got my goat. Surley a new boiler, if regulary serviced, should last 10/15 years?

I have contact the installer and told him about the problem and he's comong to look a it, but it will probably cost me. Because the valve was last changed under the gaurantee by an installer from Alpha, I thought I'd contact them first to see if they could do anytyhing. It was the bit about wear and tear that got my goat. Surley a new boiler, if regulary serviced, should last 10/15 years?

you seem to thave the wrong end of the stick here.

its likely to be a bit of rubber that is at fault. in some areas the water eats the rubber quite aggressively. no boiler with a rubber diaphragm in the diverter is going to last 10/15 years without a replacement. in my particular area you are lucky to get 2 years out of a diaprhagm, sounds like it could be the same for you.

Ah, I see what you mean. Thank you for the info. I just hope that is all it is. Should I just take this up with the installer then? Sorry fortall the questions. As you can see I'm not very tech minded which is why I needed help on here.

if you were being fair then its just wear and tear. i wouldnt bother with the installer.

How very charming & helpful! If you'd bothered to read my post you'd see that it's not an installation problem but a manufacturing problem. From my my initial investigations and from what the engineer said, It's a common problem with Alpha. So get of your high horse and take a chill pill. And as for Watch Dog, I'm sure they would love to highlight Alpha for what they really are. Wear & tear?? What after 15 months?? Pull the other one!!
If you read my post it says eg installer, the supplier, your first port of call. Your investigations, the engineer said this, that etc. Oh and if the hare hadn't stopped for a t*rd he'd've beaten the tortoise nonsense is irrelevant if you're serious about a product liability issue. There's nothing wrong with the product other than your deluded expectation.. Watchdog my *rse.

How very charming & helpful! If you'd bothered to read my post you'd see that it's not an installation problem but a manufacturing problem. From my my initial investigations and from what the engineer said, It's a common problem with Alpha. So get of your high horse and take a chill pill.

While you have been agressive to Tibbot you seem to have totally ignored my posting ! Is it somehow invisible to you?

Alpha advertises a FIVE year warrantee.

Not only the manufacturer should repair the boiler but your installer should be pestering them to sort it out for you.

If it really was an inferior component then its not suitable for the purpose.

If you cannot be bothered to acknowledge my posting which is given free of charge ( unlike your installer who you have paid a lot of money to ) then I really wonder why you are asking for free advice here. Perhaps I would be better watching a nice film on CH 133.

Tony

While you have been agressive to Tibbot you seem to have totally ignored my posting ! Is it somehow invisible to you?

Alpha advertises a FIVE year warrantee.

Not only the manufacturer should repair the boiler but your installer should be pestering them to sort it out for you.

If it really was an inferior component then its not suitable for the purpose.

If you cannot be bothered to acknowledge my posting which is given free of charge ( unlike your installer who you have paid a lot of money to ) then I really wonder why you are asking for free advice here. Perhaps I would be better watching a nice film on CH 133.

Tony

Talk about a pack of wolves!

Where exactly have I been aggressive in my post? Sarcy maybe? Aggressive I think not. I think Tibbot is the agressive one by having to resort to swear words. But then someone with a limited vocabulary usually does.

I did read your post. Sorry for not acknowledging it. i'd be here all day if I acknowlegede every post. You said you [/b]THOUGHT Alpha came with a 5 year warantee, well you are wrong my friend. And anyway, arn't forums supposed to be about free advise or are you thinking of charging. No need to jump down someones throat everytime they ask for advise.

Think I'll leave you cliquey lot to it and go elsewhere.

Cheers, not[/b]

Tony, I think Alphas five guarantee only applies to the CD range of combis and that is dependant upon the installer fitting the Premier Pack for an extra £150.

Where exactly have I been aggressive in my post? Sarcy maybe? Aggressive I think not. I think Tibbot is the agressive one by having to resort to swear words. But then someone with a limited vocabulary usually does.

You haven't been aggressive, but nor have you genuinely asked for advice. Your posts contain mostly defamatory overtones about this trade, delivered in a dependency/compensation culture 'they're out to con me' manner.

PS. My vocabulary seems as limited as yours. It's 'ask for advice' not advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back