Alpha boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have seven properties. 2 have Alpha boilers. The first is a rented flat. The boiler was fitted 6 years ago and I have had nothing but grief from the tenants for the last 4 years as the boiler is constantly losing pressure. They moved out last week and they're parting shot was to say that we would have to do something about the boiler. The new tenants have been in a week and are complaining of a leak already. The second flat was our home up until last year when we moved. We have also had constant problems for the past 6 years (boiler installed 8 yrs ago). It continually loses pressure. It's been fixed umpteen times. I have a contract with Scottish Power and have given up calling them out.

Can anyone give me advice on whether I should cut my losses and get a new boiler. I don't have any problems with any of my other properties and feel that the problem must be specific to Alpha.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
First you need to prove whether the leak is on the boiler or the system.

First you need to prove whether the leak is on the boiler or the system.

+1 Alpha CB range are very prone to leaking but that does not mean that it is the boiler that is the cause of your pressure loss, if it is not you can change the boiler for whatever you like but it will not make any difference, ask a decent engineer to isolate the boiler from the system and prove where the pressure problem lies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back