Alpha CB-24 Diaphragm replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm working on a five year old Alpha CB-24. Hot water is only available with a tap at full flow. I've diagnosed this as a failing diaphragm.

I have the Alpha servicing instructions and a diaphragm kit, but having never done this before, I wanted to ask anyone with experince if it possible to replace the diaphragm without removing the diverter valve assembly?

TIA

Sponsored Links
no, you really need to remove the whole caboodle. if you remove the pump to do it you will invariably find everything will leak anyway and you have just caused more work. the kit will come with all the washers you need.

just make sure before you start that the two screws on the lower part of the diaphragm housing will come off as finding this out after you have disturbed the two seals they secure will have you in trouble.

I always remove the plate HE to access and remove DV rather than the pump.

As nick says all the fibre washers and 'o' rings come with the diaphragm for this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back