Alpha boiler parts? - Diverter valve diaphragm/repair kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a diaphragm for an Alpha Boiler and can only get a Diverter Valve Repair Kit. Also advised to get the Micro Switch. Have been advised to look online. Any suggestions for websites that supply these parts? Is it possible to get just the diaphragm?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I dont understand what your problem is?

Most spare parts for cars and boilers are sold in kits which contain then parts most often needed.

In the case of the Alpha boilers its usually the flow switch gland and the diaphragm which fail.

Is it a case that you just want to save the last few penies?

Tony

quote="Agile"]

In the case of the Alpha boilers its usually the flow switch gland and the diaphragm which fail.

The local retail plumber merchant has the kit and switch which will cost £75. I'm led to beleive that this is might be a pricey way of getting just the diaphragm (somene on this site said this cost just a few quid so i'm guessing its possible to buy separtly. I'm getting the part and a plumber is coming back to fit them. His suggestion to try online.

When you don't have many pennies to start with sometimes the last few pennies make all the difference!

The gland is probably included in the kit which is about £22 plus VAT, if not an extra £9 or so.

The switch rarely fails on this model but if needed perhaps about £13 plus VAT.

I dont think that you have got the best quote for the parts.

tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony.
I'm getting confused about the terminolgy! Basically I have hot water working when the CH but boiler doesn't light when its set on hot water alone. I think the plumber said get the micro- switch (is that the same as the flow switch you mention?)- local place have the micro switch for £35! I know you can buy a part and take it back if not needed- was planning on that.
Do I just ask for a repair kit for the diverter valve and ask if the flow switch gland is included?
Sorry if this sounds really ignorant - but appreciate your info.
Any recommendation as to where I can order online?
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back