Alpha CB24 diverter valve removal tips ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to attempt to remove the diverter valve from my boiler in order to replace the diaphragm. Any advice or tips would be most welcome. I have the repair kit. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have u got any waders?

Ha ha no. I'm pretty good with such things, I've drained the boiler before and have a good understanding of how things work. I'm not in a rush now the weather is warmish. Always good to have advice from a few people who know whats involved though. Just looks like a job of taking my time and being careful with the unions.

just take ur time and don`t let your spanner slip when removing the nut
as mine dine and cut my thumb rather badly 8mm scar know

Sponsored Links
Remove the pump not the valve if your just doing the diaphragm.

You need 2 x 1 1/4" (i think its that size for the alpha) fibrewashers for the pump. Undo 1 1/2 connection and 4 screws to get at the diaphragm. Saves multiple water leaks.

Well I got the job done in the end. Removal of the water pump was a no as the bolts were too stiff so I elected to take the valve out. It was pretty easy to be honest, bit of shoving involved. Once I got the diaphragm out I could see the problem straight away, it was rotten as hell with two big holes. I must of spent about half an hour just cleaning the hard bits of rubber off the flanges. Reassembled and found a leak on the valve itself, took it off again and sealed it then back on again and all seems to be good. Thanks for the advice. It looks like a daunting job but it's not really.

hi,

I have a similar problem. Do you have any top tips regarding the removal process. Did you need to get some washers in the end for re-assembly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back