Noisy CB24 Diverter valve ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I would appreciate comments from those more experienced in boiler repairs

After several years the replacement diverter valve in my CB24 boiler packed up due to leaking diaphragm , so no hot water - I bought a diaphragm repair kit from an eBay supplier but it never came so still no hot water

I went to local heating supplier but when I eventually managed to make myself understood it turned out they didn't have any repair kits, they offered me a refurbished diverter valve which I bought - today I installed it only to find that although I have hot water, the diverter valve screams when passing more than a small flow - I have not come across this before and I can't help wondering if all is not well with the refurbished valve ?

Any constructive comments gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Yes my CB24 includes a seasonality valve but it has not been touched before or since changing the DHW diverter valve and back when the diverter valve was first changed X years ago there was no similar problem with noise from the valve which is why I am having doubts about the workmanship that went into "refurbishment".

The noise is similar to that from a tap with loose washer - the diverter valve breaks into a squeal when the hot water tap is opened more than for a gentle flow

Sponsored Links
Run the water and when the noise starts adjust the seasonality valve (you can always turn it back to what it was) and see if this changes the noise, just a small screw at the front to adjust it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back