Alpha CB24/28 boiler low pressure- no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Alpha CB24/28 boiler. For 2 day we have had no heating, no hot water and indicator neons A and B are flashing on and off alternatively, which means by fault finding instruction leaflet - low pressure. If system pressure is low repressurisation is required. But how to do it. I found under the boiler taps and valves. One is named as cold water inlet. Is that the right one? I already opened it but I could not hear any sound of water. Please help me, it is quite cold inside.

Sponsored Links
I have Alpha CB24/28 boiler. For 2 day we have had no heating, no hot water and indicator neons A and B are flashing on and off alternatively, which means by fault finding instruction leaflet - low pressure. If system pressure is low repressurisation is required. But how to do it. I found under the boiler taps and valves. One is named as cold water inlet. Is that the right one? I already opened it but I could not hear any sound of water. Please help me, it is quite cold inside.
There is a filling loop somewhere adjacent to yuor boiler,you need to open both valves to allow water into your system,try not to take the pressure over 1Bar,when completed,turn both valves off,hope this helps

Before opening the valves, I just want to ensure that they are the right ones: "cold main input" and "heating return". And I should open them at the same time, for some seconds?
Thank you again.

Sponsored Links
Before opening the valves, I just want to ensure that they are the right ones: "cold main input" and "heating return". And I should open them at the same time, for some seconds?
Thank you again.
Yeh go for it

Thank you, I was brave enough to do it, and now we have heating on. You all are so friendly. I do not forget this.

There is a filling loop somewhere adjacent to yuor boiler,you need to open both valves to allow water into your system,try not to take the pressure over 1Bar,when completed,turn both valves off,hope this helps

I've been having the same problem but repressurising has no effect - i.e. the neons still flash alternately and turning the knob to reset has no effect... Any suggestions...?
Many thanks in advance.
d.

I am having the same problem - both lights flashing alternately; pressure within green band - increased it slightly but still lights on and no hot water ... any ideas?

Its most likely that the low water pressure sensor is blocked and is quite easy to repair.It does involve depressurising the boiler and removing the sensor etc, a job best left to a pro.Takes no more than 30 mins.

Its most likely that the low water pressure sensor is blocked and is quite easy to repair.It does involve depressurising the boiler and removing the sensor etc, a job best left to a pro.Takes no more than 30 mins.

Is this something a keen DIYer could do with simple instructions?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back