Alpha CB24 Combi (LPG)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alpha CB24 Combi (LPG).

Hi to everyone here. I'm seeking some help with my combi boiler. The problem with the boiler only seems to be on the direct hot water side of the boiler. When I open a hot water tap only the left half of the boilers burner lights and then after about 50=60 seconds the right side will also then light. The time between the left and the right side lighting will reduce if the boiler is already hot. The effect on the hot tap water is that I am unable to turn the hot water tap on full or even half way as the running water stays cold . To overcome this I have start running the hot tap at a slow rate in order for the water to get hot and then adjust the tap by increasing the flow, but not by too much because if I do then the water will go cold. The burner will be fully alight, but the water will be cold if the tap is open too much. Taking a reading from the gas valve shows a max burner pressure of 16 mbar (should be 35.5 mbar) while the minimum burn pressure is set to and reads about 7 mbar (should be 7.2 mbar). If I remove the room sealed chamber pressure tube from the gas valve and then connect another length of tubing to the gas valve and introduce some light pressure into the tube then the maximum burner pressure will increase as well as the flame at the burner. I am also able to get hot water at a much faster rate of flow. I checked for what pressure there was within the room sealed chamber by fitting a pressure gauge to the room sealed chamber tube and I found that there was none. I there for suspect a problem within the room sealed chamber its self. If anyone has any ideas.

Sponsored Links
And this behaviour doesn't give you the clue that you need to ring
a qualified person to service it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back