Alpha cb24 fused spur?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler stopped working yesterday, pair of flashing lights. Searching on here and the web issues could have been thermostat, fan, air switch pub ect.

Took the hit and called British gas, went for the guaranteed £100 fix and then onto monthly homecare.

Engineer traced fault to air switch and dirt in the vent. Engineer could not find fused spur to disconnect from power supply and thought it went to power socket downstairs in living room (next to where old back boiler wouod have been). As this was a fault and not service he was able to fix.

Now I was told the boiler has to be on fused spur so engineer can isolate to service next week, I have since checked and boiler is supplied straight from the fuse box (but marked water not boiler prob why engineer could it see it). I can see no fused spur anywhere, do I need to install one inline before service?

I also found out I can get rid of the24h mechanical timer and install a proper 7 day wireless thermostat, can anyone advise what versions are compatible?

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back