Alpha CB24X Boiler

I have had a few, very few, that have shown the fault yours had, but after removing the flow switch have miraculously worked ok and never had a call back.

perhaps the flow switch can somehow get 'dislodged' and taking it off has re-seated it correctly.

If it continues to work forget it and be thankful ;)

Certainly will. Thanks for all the advice people.

Sponsored Links
id still change the flow switch as like i said earlier they do fault intermittently and its alot easier n cheaper than the diverter valve. actually did one today cust said int hw, prized it up n off n it didn't fire, gave it a flick and off it went :LOL:

i haven't read the entire thread, but clearly from picking up fag ends you haven't got a new diverter valve and the diaphragm didn't need help sealing. The rubber it is made of does the job best alone without degrading it with paste. but i doubt any harm will be done.

Sounds like the flow switch anyway.

It is a shame about the flow switch beacause the pcb's thermisters fans gas valves pumps and aps's are as reliable as any boiler i could think of, I don't care which boiler you put up against it, you won't get more reliability even with it's age. No new boiler will be any more reliable most will be far less reliable. Except in the hot water department. But this is an issue which only raises it's head every 4 years. A small price to pay. If you are prepared to live with that it will give you another 25 yers service..

Sponsored Links
just remembered to say the X is the poor mans version but still totally reliable it is made cheaper by having only one temperature senser so you may find hot water temperature control less than perfect, as it will only monitor primary temperature and if you have a sludged up plate heat exchanger for which you can't blame the boiler it will cause problems for all boilers, there won't be sufficiently fast feedback to make consistent heat at the tap.

The vertical flue terminal was rubbish, but was improved. I had to change a few under warrantie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back