Alpha CD28 Help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter had her central heating system installed back in 2004 using an Alpha CB28. The boiler has been reasonably successful albeit a few faults whilst under warranty were experienced. In recent weeks she has experienced a fault hopefully common with this boiler that someone can assist in the diagnosis. The central heating is working below par, the boiler is installed on the upper floor and the radiators on the same level get to working temperature after a few cycles of the boiler, the downstairs radiators never reach working temperature because the boiler cuts out before the water is pumped round to them despite the room stat being set very high. The temperature of water leaving the boiler seems to be very hot when the boiler is running, is this the clue, i.e. is the boiler shutting down because it senses an over temperature. The pump and fan sound as though their running O.K. with no unusual noises. The hot water appears to be unaffected by this problem, i.e. turning on a hot water tap ignites the boiler normally and hot water flows to meet the demand. Any suggestions please. Have edited the model number, got it wrong first time.

Sponsored Links
its not circulating. Don't know if these boilers have a heating filter, but I would suspect this is blocked if so. first thing to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back