Alpha CD32C Common Problems!

Sponsored Links
mehran said:
And what is an internal pressure relief?:

It is a straight length of 15mm copper tube with a 22mm cap soldered over the end and a rubber flap, so that when you are on the 5th floor you can drill a 22mm hole and push it through from inside, not having to order a Cherry Picker.
mehran said:
Saying all that paul what did you think of them when you had your training on them? Is the front panel less bendy? :

Same basic reliability.

First attempt we had at removing the 35kw plate was quite unsuccessful, throw away MI's on that subject. Remove clip holding condensate flexi pipe to heat ex, and remove other end from syphon trap. Also remove second small flexible tube from syphon trap, remove preformed dhw flow pipe. Manouver plate towards left and up at 45 degree and feed forward, involves a sort of summersalt.

On returning it, o rings will have dropped out, apply something sticky like sili grease to assist, as you won't be able to see if one has dislodged.

I did it first time after learning from mistakes of other guy in 15 mins from opening case of boiler to replacing case.

The drop down flap is stronger but it is harder to reposition, I found you have to hold it up and in with one hand all the time you are doing up the two screws (which don't easily start, well less so than the cd32c).

The front panel is noise insulated and so the old l shaped piece is no longer necessary so once front panelk is off it's access to all parts.

Easy to change insert of prv it's facing at front. Easy to change motor head (Vokera part would do same job and is cheapest of all the manufacturers using it.)

They've changed to the Dunns gas valve which has been trouble free up to now on the regular boiler range. It has the advantage that we can now alter the gas valve settings to get correct CO2 both at low burner pressure and MAX burner pressure. On older range you had to set the one screw for low, then same screw for high, if it was out you had to start again, and often had to cycle three times through the set up procedure (which isn't a simple one for the firt timer) to arrive at best set up. This doesn't affect installers, only necessary when changing sensetive parts. Will now be easier to get right first time.

They had fixed the dhw flow switch previously and the spark gen as mentioned in this thread, but now the flow switch has changed to a paddle which was ultra reliable in an earlier Alpha model, since with the motorised DV another system had to be devised. No expected problems from that part.

The primary heat ex is now on it's side and secured a lot stronger. The cd32c type has smashed a few flue gas collectors during transit, fine in use but poor manual handling can be a problem. They have engineered that out now.

i fit my first CD25C yesterday. I was quite impressed with it. Nice and compact although some parts look tricky to get too. I like the fact they have sound proofed it.
I also noticed they have the spark gen wired the new way as well. which is good to see.

Only thing that disappoints me is that they are not giving you the option of weather compensation controls which would finish the package off for me.
shame.

I know alpha like to be "Granny" friendly but why not give you an option.

Thats one of the reasons i like the Vaillant Ecotec. They can be simple when you want them to be and can be technical at same time for the more advanced customers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back