alpha combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have asked before but i think i must be thick any help please, using 5 core flex from spur how do i wire the flex to the 3 core that runs to the stat obviously l,n,e out of spur to boiler feed.leaving 2 cores in boiler that would connect were current link is , but back to spur i would connect these with 2 cores to the stat leaving a brown from 3 core going to stat is this not used? and how would stat connect up thanks for any help to anyone who takes time to read and understand and reply to this

Sponsored Links
Sorry but we need more info.... What make of boiler? Are you trying to include a room stat or programmer? Where are the "links" you talk about :?:

sorry connect room stat and internal clock if i said start from spur were the feed from the mains is then at the spur a 3 core and earth going to room stat i want to no how to connect it up using a 5 core flex from the spur thanks

you don't put 5 core flex into a spur, and you don't put 2 outputs out of a spur..

you are wiring it incorrectly..

3 core to the boiler, from the boiler you take the wires to the room stat..

Sponsored Links
Make sure your flex is heat resistant 85C for going into the boiler.

I wire alot of valliant combi boilers

I run a 2.5 t+e cable from the mains board to a spur by the combi then i run a 1mm three core from the stat to the spur then i run a five core flex from the boiler to the spur thats L N E for the boiler then live and switch live for the stat Then in the back of the spur i connect the two lives of the three core to the live and switch live from the boiler using 2 connector blocks then i connect the nuetral from the 3 core to the load side of the spur
not sure wether alpha boilers are different never worked on one

hope that helps

G.T.S:cool:

well than you're wiring the spur wrong..

you are not supposed to put more than one accessory on the load side of a spur..

it's also bad practice to put the switched live into a connector block..

you need to wire 3 core flex to the boiler for power, and the stat straight to the boiler..

Which is exactly as it is shown on the wiring diagram (page 5 of the link above).

How difficult can it be.???? :rolleyes:
LNE to the fused spur and a separate wire for the two wires for the stat .

well than you're wiring the spur wrong..
you are not supposed to put more than one accessory on the load side of a spur..

Why? the stat is part of the boiler wiring and if you install the spur on a ring main then there will be two input cables

it's also bad practice to put the switched live into a connector block..
why?

you need to wire 3 core flex to the boiler for power, and the stat straight to the boiler..

that way you end up with 2 cables my way you have one and it looks neater

Just my opinon

G.T.S:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back