Alpha Flow Smart package vs pressurised cylinder system

If it is of interest I have been using a tmv backwards for solar for a few months now.

It cost me £15 on ebay I pulled out the two singe check valves which would have prevented reverse flow.

It works wonderfully well.

Regards Alpha all I am saying is they are sufficiently fluid as an organisation to adopt innovative technology. What I was told about gassaver at the time i was there was that the inventor took it to all the main manufacturers and they all sent him away. Alpha had to pay as much for it as they charge. But they took it on board because it is a good sales tool into development property where the developer only gains planning permission because of achieving certain efficiency targets.

Like all efficiency tricks it may not be stand alone finantially viable but it opens doors.

Sponsored Links
If it is of interest I have been using a tmv backwards for solar for a few months now.

It cost me £15 on ebay I pulled out the two singe check valves which would have prevented reverse flow.

It works wonderfully well.

Regards Alpha all I am saying is they are sufficiently fluid as an organisation to adopt innovative technology. What I was told about gassaver at the time i was there was that the inventor took it to all the main manufacturers and they all sent him away. Alpha had to pay as much for it as they charge. But they took it on board because it is a good sales tool into development property where the developer only gains planning permission because of achieving certain efficiency targets.

Like all efficiency tricks it may not be stand alone finantially viable but it opens doors.

as one of the smaller brands (units sold/market share) they can "adopt" new products more easily than the big 3 in the uk (WB, Vaillant/GW, Poxi) although in my dealings with alpha's I wasn't impressed much.

As you will know from your present position for the guy who works on them all the time dead easy to fault find and not challenging to fix. unlike some boilers.,

As you will know from your present position for the guy who works on them all the time dead easy to fault find and not challenging to fix. unlike some boilers.,

thats true Paul, I agree. WB seem to be the worst designed for maintenace/repair and Ideal are pretty poor too. The Vaillants on the other hand are so easy to work on with thoughtfull design and components.

Sponsored Links

I assume a bit of experimentation at first to determine which port will take cold.

I don't like taking into account machines (boiler) to determine energy efficiency of buildings. They should stand on their own in insulation and passive solar.

Someone can replace the boiler and put in a crap one.

Did some research on this recently.. Here are my findings. :D

I think most tmv's can be used as divertors. ESBE give detailed information on the use of their valves for solar diverting applications with temperatures up to 95c.
http://infoweb.esbe.se/files/52226/Katalogdel_Termo_GB_99500300_B.pdf

Atmos supply a package also.... These valves are fitted against the flow arrows !.
http://www.atmos.uk.com/core_files/productDoc(114).pdf[/QUOTE]

Good work. Yes if you look at the operation most should work as diverter valves. A decent cheapish one should do the job.

No Burner it's very simple what was out becomes in, hot to combi input cold to taps, t combi output after cold.

No check valves required as pressures are balanced.

Works an absolute treat.

I like cheap and simple methods which work.

No Burner it's very simple what was out becomes in, hot to combi input cold to taps, t combi output after cold.

No check valves required as pressures are balanced.

Works an absolute treat.

I like cheap and simple methods which work.

Sounds good. What make? I suppose they could settle partially between the two outlet ports and then mixing happens - depends on the settings of course.

One of these can be used as a winter summer (seasonal) valve. It diverts to one port with a low set flow-regulator in the line to the combi inlet (winter) or to the other port without (summer). Both ports go to the combi inlet. Simple and easy - and all outside the combi.

Flowsmart system is v good - easy to install and practical - as with any high output dhw system, sufficient incoming suppy is the key- you will only get the full benefit of dhw flowrate if you have enough incoming cold mains supply - whatever the system. Flowrate far superior to 937 or highflow. there is a video on utube of install and features- worth a look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back