Alphatek MI2093 Universal Tracing & Locating System

Sponsored Links
We use a Ideal 61-958 kit.

http://www.idealindustries.com/prod...racers_analyzers/suretest_circuit_tracers.jsp

My worn out old person (mentor) will not let me touch it as he says i cant be trusted :D

I have had a play with it whilst he was not looking and it is great. We do a lot of work on large control panels. You just put the clamp on the wire at the beginning of the circuit and using the tracer, just follow it back. saves a lot of work if you dont have a diagram of the board.

Also use it for tracing multi core control wires where the numbers have faded

JEEES! thats a bit pricy, even considering the exchange rate.

I've only got interested since I bumped into a BT engineer who was locating a pair in a 500 line patch cabinet. :confused:

Any good for locating cables behind plaster, such as for checking they are in the correct zones?

we have found SWA behind 6" of freezer insulation so i would think it would find a shallow plastered T&E.

We have the complete kit but you can just buy the transmitter and reciever.

Sponsored Links
Just looked at the spec sheet and it says it can detect 15' underground.

You could probably find it even cheaper. RS, i find, are VERY expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back